martes, 1 de julio de 2008

Samsung YP-U3ZB / XBG

Being the happy owner of a Discman D-132CK for ten years, I decided to buy a mp3 player. But of course, it should also play OGG Vorbis files. So I bought a Samsung YP-U3ZB / XBG. A _very_ nice player... except that the firmware loaded uses MTP instead os UMS :-( . After searching in Google, I first tried libmtp + mtpfs . I could now put files in it. But if I wanted to add more files, I should remove all the files and add them all in one copy action, otherwise the filesystem would get corrupted. No deal.

OK, more searching. Some said that upgrading to some firmwares worked fine. So I took the chances and downloaded version 1.12. The manual, in various languages, here. The proccess can be done in Linux using libmtp. Some easy steps and I got 1.12 working. Then I formatted the disk using the player's inside tools and commented /etc/udev/rules.d/libmtp7.rules' line

# ATTR{idVendor}=="04e8", ATTR{idProduct}=="507d", SYMLINK+="libmtp-%k", MODE="666", GROUP="audio"

Then I called invoke-rc.d udev restart (so as to get the changes to work), plugged the device... and it worked as a UMS!

So now I have a great player with UMS (as it should have been from the start...).

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario